Monday, April 7, 2008

Vision

Katherine has been to the nurse twice today complaining of blurry vision in her right eye only. She has no obvious signs that could indicate vision impairment (headache, bloodshot eye, eye injury etc). I have no idea what to make of this but, since she wasn't sick really, I told her to go back to class, which she willingly did, and that I would check on her when she got home.

I was thinking it was possible that she had something in her eye that maybe could be bothering her. That happened to Ryun once when he got a small sliver of metal in his eye(working without safety glasses, tsk tsk) but he only knew because the next day, he couldn't stop blinking and was having trouble driving. He went to the ER, who sent him to an eye doctor/surgeon, who removed it, and he was fine. Other than the rapid blinking, he wasn't having vision issues though.

Google indicates all kinds of bad, which I tend to ignore anyway because hello drama, but really, does anyone have any thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Did you know a migraine will sometimes distort sight and there will be no pain? It happens to me(which we came home yesterday and for some reason it hit me last night)sometimes I get the pain other times it my sight. Sometimes I see just half a person--if reading I have to move the book as I only see 1/2 the word unless I move the book! She seems young however my sister suffered from migraines at an early age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Migraines run in Ryun's family ....

    ReplyDelete