Thursday, April 10, 2008

Today

What do I love about Middleboro in general and what do I miss about our old house?

This.











I drove down while Julia was at school this morning. I pulled right over the track in to the "Great Beyond" and captured these. The first two are of the dirt road leading out to the bogs. The next two are of the tracks for the Bay Colony Railroad, that basically ran right behind the house. The last five are of the path that leads out in to the woods behind the house. I really miss being there, if not for this reason alone.

Breathtaking, isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. We sometimes forget how ease of and digital nature of photography are changing the world.

    I would love so much to have pictures like these, by the hundreds, of where I grew up, before it was gone. That's what the woods road pictures remind me of.

    If I could go back, armed with the camera, I'd walk all those roads and paths, taking another shot every little bit, and would get pictures of the old buildings, landmarks, interesting trees, ponds, bogs, and all that stuff. Instead of being like "and there was this outhouse in the middle of the woods between the sections of bog" I could be like "here's a picture of it." And so forth.

    ReplyDelete