Monday, April 28, 2008

Morning Has Broken

The other day, the "photographer" in me decided that it was high time I "caught" on camera the wild turkeys that live in the woods out back. They have made a few appearances over the past few weeks, but never at a time when it was convenient for me to take a photo, or, by the time I located the camera they were gone. Most of the time, we have seen and heard them in the wee hours of the morning, so I got up early, and went out, camera in hand to wait. Of course, the turkeys picked that day not to come out, but, that doesn't mean my going out there was all for nothing. I can't think of a more peaceful and relaxing way to spend a morning than watching the world wake up. I saw a deer at the edge of the woods. I managed to capture a picture of the elusive bunny (we have named Peter Cottontail). I heard all kinds of wild life. It was truly a beautiful experience.


I love this shot of the sun starting it's rise over the trees.

The bottom half of the back yard, looking out in to the great woods beyond.


A shot of the open, grassy field beyond the trees (this is the neighbor's back yard).



The only shot I have managed to capture of the bunny.


I love how the sunlight is falling on these flowers.



Pretty red flowers that grow in abundance. All my flower-loving friends, help me out here...what are these red ones and the purple ones above?

1 comment:

  1. Pretty certain the pink is a dogwood but do not hold me to that.

    ReplyDelete