Sunday, September 30, 2007

Busy Weekend

My mother is in California with my sister Suzanne for the weekend(Suz is there for a work related conference but went out a few days early with my mother, so they could visit with my Aunt who lives out there). So, being good daughters, my sister Heather and I have been "taking care" of my father while she's gone. Ryun, the kids and I went over on Friday night and we ordered dinner from a new seafood place in Carver (Pier 18 it's called...their main restaurant is in Bridgewater, I think). It was really good. Ryun stayed and watched the game for a while (GO SOX!) with my father on the big screen, and my sister and I took the girls in to the hot tub. They thought it was so cool to be in there at night and Julia's first exclamation after getting in the tub, was "Look at all the stars!" On Saturday, I took Emily and Katherine to see the movie, "The Game Plan" which was really cute. Heather helped my father close the pool during the day yesterday. I made a fantastic batch of Chili for dinner, which we ended up adding to macaroni. The kids loved it. There was enough leftover to have another meal out of it so, I think tomorrow night's dinner will be chili dogs...yummy. We are heading back to Carver today to cook a roast beef dinner for Dad, and then back here tonight to watch the season premiere of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" with Emily and Katherine. Next weekend proves to be just as busy with a cookout, helping my sister move, and the Cranberry Festival at Edaville. This week we have the usual business, and my birthday, which will actually be celebrated on Saturday, after the cookout and moving, when my sister Heather will take the girls overnight so Ryun and I can go out to dinner.

1 comment: