Thursday, May 11, 2006

PTA

At last night's PTA meeting I was chatting with Katherine's principal about all of the field trips Katherine has coming up (just went to the Berenstein Bears performance at the Zeterion Theatre, over the course of the next month they are going to the library, Fire Station, the town playground, the Button Wood Park Zoo and having a field day). I think field trips are a very important part of a well rounded education and I was telling Mrs. L how wonderful I thought the full day kindergarten program was and how well I thought Katherine was doing. At the end of the conversation she asked me if I would go speak at the information night for the incoming kindergarten parents. She remembered how, in the beginnning of the school year, Katherine had a little bit of a tough time transitioning and how far she has come etc. There are always a lot of nervous parents and it always helps to get a parents perspective. So, even though it is on mYa 24 (which is my 8 year wedding anniversary and more importantly (JUST KIDDING!) the Season Finale of American Idol, I said yes. Ryun and I weren't celebrating our anniversary on that night anyway and I can record AI. If I remember correctly the meeting that I attended last year started at 6:30 and I was home by 8. Ryun's fine with it (which I knew he would be). Anyway, it shoudl be fun...I love public speaking (and have been told I am good at) and you all know how much I love to brag about Middleboro Schools.

I also signed up to co-chair the Cultural Enrichment Committee which is the committee that schedules all of the performances throughout the year at the schools. It is going to be a lot of work (previewing performers, scheduling with the schools etc) but it actually sounds like tons of fun at the same time!

Anyway, I have to go get ready for scrapping this morning...as usual i have no idea what I am going to work on this morning!

1 comment: