Thursday, May 25, 2006

Emotional Day

I didn't get up this monring thinking it was going to be an emotional day but it sure was.

Today was Katherine's musical performance at school. They sang patriotic songs which always chokes me up anyway, but seeing Katherine up there, and realizing how quickly she is growing, made it even more emotional. She did very well too...sang every word, smiled and looked just awesome up there.

Then I came home and got a thank you note in the mail from Jen for the homemade cookbook I made her.

Here is what it said:

Thank you so much for my handmade cookbook. That was the most thoughtful gift I have ever been given. I have already made the chili cheese popcorn...it was yummy! I never realized how hard it was going to be to say goodbye to Early Intervention nd all of my families. It was a very emotional last week of work; but it's now or never for graduate school. The emotions are still high as I close one chapter of my life and begin another. I will always remember Julia and how she alwasy surprised us, like when I was putting in for a P.T. consult and she started crawling! Whenever I am overwhelmed at school I'll have Julia in my mind saying, "papa" in her quiet little voice. Keep up the good work Julia (you too Mom)!

Ok yeah, so that was a tearjerker!

No comments:

Post a Comment