Monday, November 5, 2007

A More Detailed Review

A weekend away scrapbooking sounded like heaven but I had never been to a crop of that magnitude, so I really had no idea. Turns out, my thoughts of heaven were right on.

The weather was nightmarish on Saturday, causing multiple power outages in our rooms, but not managing to fully go out in the ball room until after 10, just in time for the chocolate buffet, which we ended up eating by candlelight. The generator had kept the power running in the function rooms for the bulk of the storm and didn't manage to go out until it was winding down, which was odd. After eating way too much chocolate, we were too wired to go to bed and unable to scrap so we ran next door to "Bud's Country Pub" and had a nightcap. We weren't really sure what to think of a pub that's name started out with "Bud's Country" but it turned out to be a nice little place, and we got to watch the end of the BC game (it was strange that they had power right next door but, we weren't complaining).

As for the actual scrapping, I managed to get A LOT done, including an entire book for Katherine ( I am making one for each of my girls) and a good chunk of the scenic picture album done. I am completely rejuvenated and motivated to scrap now, which is good because I had kind of lost my groove there for a while.

The news on the homefront was that Julia missed me so much she actually cried for me a few times which was heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time. Ryun managed to get a lot done including washing the floor, changing the sheets on all of the beds, vacuuming upstairs and helping the kids clean their rooms. This was way more than I ever expected (and in all honesty I figured he would be sitting around all weekend except for washing the floor which he always does before hosting Monday Night Poker) but, I am certainly not complaining.

Emily and Katherine went with my sister and brother in law and cousins to see, "The Bee Movie" yesterday. They had fun and loved the movie. They too, were very happy to see me when they got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment