Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Potty Training: Bye Bye Diapers Edition

I finally decided yesterday to start potty training with Julia. Not surprisingly (given all the signs that she was ready), she did remarkably well.

The count went like this:

9 successful trips to the potty

2 accidents

2 "oops I am not supposed to pee in my pants so let me go the rest on the toilet" events

For the record, I don't think she really has to go to the bathroom 13 times in a day. I am just one of those people that doesn't use pull ups to train. I use you know, actual underwear. Anyway, when she wasn't telling me she had to go (which she did do a few times throughout the day) I was taking her to the bathroom every 1/2 hour or so. She went just about every time, even if it was just a tiny bit.

I set up a sticker chart on the bathroom wall and every time she goes she gets a sticker for her chart and a sticker on her hand. It seems to be working very well as a motivator. Another great motivator that appears to be working is watching your mother make a complete fool out of herself by acting like a total goofball when there is a successful trip to the potty.

Day two is off to a good start.

YAY!

1 comment:

  1. did the same thing. i would act like a complete fool when they would go in the potty. I rarely used pull ups, just like diapers, they need to feel the pee on undies. GREAT JOB JULIA

    ReplyDelete