Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Me: New and Improved

For the first time in the two and a half years since Emily was diagnosed with seizures, and the myriad of other issues that have arisen since then (abnormal EEGS, abnormal MRI's, ADHD, Tuberous Sclerosis diagnosis, medicine increases, etc) I am not freaking out about getting the results of a test.

In the past, I have been a doomsayer...thinking of all kinds of horrible scenarios (some of which actually came true), fearing the worst instead of hoping for the best, never even giving any consideration to the fact that, well things could possibly turn out ok. Partly, it was my personality and I am sure the fact for quite a while, every test did come back with less than perfect results didn't help.

I think I am finally at a point though where I can just say, no matter how the results come back: "Nothing could ever change Emily and who she is."

It might mean extra help at school with organization and time management, it might mean that she needs an increase in her current medicine (or an add-on of another medicine), it might also mean nothing at all.

Either way, it doesn't matter. She's still my girl and that 's all that really matters.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I'm Isabel,from Portugal and I have a 4 year old daughter with Tuberous Sclerosis (mild case).It's nice to read about your everyday life - it's so hard to raise a child, even harder when she has health problems. Your Emily is so cute! I wish you and your family all the best.
    pedroisabel@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete