Sunday, October 14, 2007

Lazy Sundays...

...are like, the best thing ever. Technically, I wasn't even that lazy considering I got a good chunk of the laundry done and cleaned the kitchen so, I guess a better way of phrasing it would be, "Family Sundays." I love the weekend days which involve hanging around the house all day with the family, leaving only to procure coffee. We painted pumpkins, which I would have pictures to share here if my damn camera wasn't broken (I can take pictures but the place where I plug the cord in to upload is broken). I have a bunch of pictures I need to get off the camera so I really should make the trip to CVS and get them on disc. Smart Mommy decided that since it was a nice day, we would paint them out on the deck, saving the kitchen from the mess that undoubtedly results when three kids and an adult paint. Julia thought is was fun, but was more interested in running around in the back yard than in painting. Katherine showed off some mad skills painting a really scary face on her pumpkin and Emily honored the method of abstract art, painting her whole pumpkin in what appeared to be a random design. I went with stripes, because I am boring, but it ended up looking like one of those painted pumpkins you find in stores (not that I am bragging or anything). We have two pumpkins left to carve, but, in order to prevent them from rotting before Halloween, we decided to hold off and make that next weekends fun fall activity.

Anyway, it was a nice day, ending with what turned out to be a nice dinner (mainly because everyone ate it without complaint). I will post the recipe at some point here but when I manage to cook a meal that yields no complaints from anyone, I feel all accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment