Friday, October 26, 2007

Frosting

I set out tonight to make a butter cream frosting for a cake I made for tomorrow nights festivities(The 10th Annual Halloween Party), with the recipe calling for the usual ingredients...confectioner's sugar, milk, vanilla extract and, of course butter. I went to get everything I needed out of the cabinets/refrigerator, only to discover that I had no vanilla extract. Knowing that the purpose of the extract was just to add flavoring, I decided to just use another "extract" I had on hand. I went with orange. Then to be all festive, I colored the frosting orange, and decorated the cake with candy corn. The end result? Frosting that tastes like an orange creamsicle! YUM!

I haven't tasted it mixed with the yellow cake and candy corn, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be sinfully good.

No comments:

Post a Comment