Saturday, June 2, 2007

Things That Are Making Me Feel Old

1. Emily turning 10.

2. Getting a sunburn on my head. I think this one might need a little explanation. I used to be able to go out in the sun for hours on end and not get a sunburn on my head at all, ever. My hair was always thick enough, apparently, even with a part in it, to cover my head. When I go out now, well, let's just say my hair isn't the only red part of my head anymore. Apparently, my hair's thinning out.

3. Also regarding my hair...I have a sneaking suspicion it might be slowly turning white. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you can say it's blond all you want but let's be realistic here. I'm old. It's turning white.

3. I don't get carded anymore. Yes, I realize that I am 31 years old but I used to get carded for rated R movies for goodness sake, not too long ago either.

4. Yesterday, Katherine decided that on your birthday, you should get as many presents as the age you are turning. Then she looked at me and said, "Well, except you, because your too old. You can't get 32 presents on your next birthday."

5. Shopping at Claire's for my daughter. I am pretty sure that was me (although Claire's wasn't some place I frequented as a teen, it still seems impossible that I could be shopping there for Emily), like last week or something.

1 comment:

  1. You mean you haven't had the bend over to pick something up and eitehr everything creaks and cracks or you are slower getting up? Maybe that's when your 35

    Gray's ohhhhhhhhh i never thought i'd color, but i did, now i wont anymore. Salt & Pepper is sexier....isnt it?.....it is right?

    ReplyDelete