Sunday, June 10, 2007

Milestone

I just taught my 10 year old daughter how to shave. For some reason, while I always imagined I would one day have a family, I never imagined I would ever teach my child how to do something like shave.

I have known this time was coming with her since early spring, when she wore her first tank top. It was apparent then that come summer time and bathing suits, shaving would become inevitable. She has a birthday pool party to attend today and while we were out side spraying the sunscreen (Coppertone Continuous Spray...it's rocks, just so you know), she raised her arms to get the underside, and it was apparent that not only was shaving inevitable, but, it must happen right now.

TMI? Yes, probably but, where else can I lament about the fact that by way of her getting older, I am getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment