Friday, June 1, 2007

Happy Birthday Emily!

Today is Emily's 10th birthday. Double digits, people, double digits. In honor of this occasion, I have decided to share with you, "The Best Of The Best" of Emily, at least since I started blogging almost 6 years ago. Enjoy!


END OF DISCUSSION.
Just a quick little thing that I found hilarious. For all of you male readers who generally get "grossed out" by this topic, I apologize...this was just too good to not put here.
I casually mentioned to Ryun that I could tell I was getting my period because I was cranky and feeling "fat". Emily was in the room but paying attention to whatever she was doing, or so I thought. She said to me, "I know what period means Mama." I said, "Oh yeah, what?" She said, "Period means (voice escalating) BECAUSE I SAID SO!" I almost fell of off of my chair.
2002

Grumpy and his friends
The other day, Emily said to me, "Mama, how come when I am cranky or naughty no one wants to play with me?" I explained to her that it wasn't just her, it was a general rule that people don't like to be in the company of cranky people because it was no fun. She said, "Ok Mama." Then, she looked up at me thoughtfully and said, "But Mama, Grumpy on Snow White is always cranky and his friends like to be with him. He gets to play with her friends all of the time." She is so smart...and I have to say I love the logic.
2002

When asking Emily recently if she was happy or sad about school ending, she said, "both." "Mrs. Medeiros," she said, "is probably very happy because now she won't have to speak to Robert anymore.
2003



Dad, what is the kid's name that plays David on Flight of the Navigator?"
"I don't know Emily."
"Well, Dad why don't you just look it up on the internet?"
A conversation with the modern day five year old.
2003

Emily (in her own words) has "finally discovered he talent." Finally, after five long years.
She has decided that her talent lies in the area of writing...and I must say I agree. The girl has an incredible imagination. She is very observant, descriptive, and enthusiastic about everything she does and telling a story is no exception.
She wrote a "book" this morning about a fish and a turtle and called it (how cute is this),"Fish and Turtle's Big Underwater Adventure."The story was about a fish and turtle who are on their way home. They meet a shark on the way who eats them but spits them out before he chews them because he doesn't like how they taste. The ending is happy as the fish and turtle make it home safely.
She is so cute. A shark that spits them out. How funny is that?
2003

Emily: "What do you think Bridget will name her knew baby?"
Me: "I don't know, maybe they will wait and decide when the baby is born."
Emily: "Well, if she wants the baby to be born, why doesn't she just eat some pepperoni pizza?"
ast night I made spaghetti for dinner. I bought a new type of sauce made by Emeril...called roasted garlic and tomato I think. Anyway, it was rather spicy. Emily decided that she wanted more which surprised me because she usually tends to stay away for the spicier foods, but, I gave her some anyway. As I was putting it on her plate, she said, "Ok, Mom thanks, now I am going to try and breathe fire."
2004

Mimi: "So, how does it feel to be 7?"
Emily: "I don't know yet, ask me at the end of the day."
2004

When Emily woke up complaining about her ear, I was looking at the packaging on the Motrin for the appropriate dosage to give to her.
I said out loud, "Six to eight years..."

She said, It's going to take six to eight years for this to kick in?"
2004

Emily: "Mama, I haven't made a definite decision yet, but I think I might want to be an artist when I grow up because, look how good I drew this picture."
2004

I was in the kitchen with various ingredients spread out across the counter, making dinner. Ryun was standing on a chair behind me, replacing a light bulb in one of the kitchen lights.

Emily, who was sitting at the kitchen table behind both of us said, "This looks like the average American family, with the Mom cooking dinner and the Dad fixing something."
2005

Emily:" Mom just so you know, when I go take my driving test, you are dropping me off and leaving me the car. You can take a bus home or something."

Katherine (being the logical one that she is):"But Emily, what if you don't get your license?'

Emily: "Well then, I will just call her on the cell phone that she is going to get me when I turn 16."
2006

On the way to voice today I casually said to Emily, "Can you believe school is almost out?"

She responded with, "Yup, your vacation is almost over Mom, while ours will just begin."
2007

No comments:

Post a Comment