Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Personality

It's hard to tell, with Julia being so young, who she "takes after." Her personality is definitely starting to shine through, and, I think, as she gains confidence in herself, we will see it more and more.

With Emily, almost from the time I first felt her move, we knew she was going to be more like Ryun. She has always been self confident, extremely smart in all ways but particularly in a "common sense" type of way, stubborn, creative and a "go-getter." Similar to Ryun, she does not let anything stop her and is an inspiration to someone like me, who does not always have the confidence I should or the motivation to succeed. The only side of Emily that I take credit for is the compassionate, sensitive side of her (sorry Ry).

Katherine is much more like me. The peacekeeper, the one that makes decisions after a great deal of thought, the shyer, more self conscious one. The one who would rather not do something she hasn't done before. Her temperament is most of the time, easy going. She can go with the flow and is pretty adaptable to any situation. She aims to please, and will sometimes go to great lengths to ensure that everyone is "ok."

But, I digress.

The point of this whole entry was to say that this morning, Julia did something that proves, undoubtedly that at least some of her personality, likes and dislikes, and general nature, are heavily influenced by me.

This was one of those moments in which I was watching her play, unbeknownst to her. I watched her drag her rocking chair across the livingroom, grab her doll and place her gently on the chair, and proceed to very definitely look for a specific toy in her toy chest. She came up with her pretend microphone which she placed in the chair, aimed at the doll's mouth. She picked up her Shrek figurine and placed that in the dolls' lap and walked over to me and said, "Mom, I need my camera."

She set up a pose and asked to take a picture.

COuld she be any cuter?

No comments:

Post a Comment