Sunday, March 12, 2006

It's Official!

I just have the best news to share with y'all.

Today at my nephew's christening party, Julia...(INSERT DRUMROLL)...walked! Like really, really walked, without holding on, one foot in front of the other, 7 or 8 steps at a time!

The first time she did it, she thought no one was looking. I was standing right next to her, talking to someone and I just happened to catch her out of the corner of my eye. It was a single step I think, kind of one of those "if you blink, you'll miss kinda thing." I looked over at Ryun to confirm, and he said, "Yeah, I think so."

Then, she just did it. She walked...and kept walking. She'd occasionally sit on purpose, or lose her balance and fall forward putting her hands out to catch herself, but she got right back up and walked.

She had quite the audience too. Most people there knew about her delay, so when everyone saw her walk, they all clapped and cheered.

So, you know, I cried. I cried because I was so proud...and so happy...and so glad to see all of the hard work finally pay off.

4 comments: