Monday, March 6, 2006

Having a "Mom" Moment

So...Emily is trying to plan a sleepover with a friend. This would be her first one, that is, her first one staying at the house of people that I don't really know. Her only other sleepovers have been at my parents or my sister's or whatever.

I talked to the girl's Mom on the phone today and she sounds nice. Emily is constantly talking about this girl Megan and how she wants to have her over etc. The plan they are trying to make is for them to go to the Middleboro Youth Softball Dance on Friday night (for grades 3-5) and then have Megan's mom pick them up and bring them back to their house. I am not even sure about the whole dance thing, let alone the sleepover itself. I mean 3rd grade seems a bit young for a dance. It is only for a couple of hours though so I guess it's not that bad.

Ok, so as if the sleepover and dance weren't enough, I am worried about having to tell Megan's parents about the seizure thing. I am also worried about having someone else give her her medicine (2 at night, 2 in the morning). What if they forget? What if they are uncomfortable having someone with Epilepsy sleepover? I mean, the fact of the matter is, Emily has been seizure free (as far as we know anyway) since October of 2004, but you know, seizures are just one of those things that can come up out of the blue, especially with all of the changes she's going through right now (the puberty post is in my head, just haven't gotten around to posting it yet). So, it worries me.

Does anyone who has been through any of this have any thoughts? Or, even if you haven't been through it, what do you think?

Is it ok for a 3rd grader to go to a dance?

Should I let her sleepover at someone's house who I have only ever talked with on the phone?

Am I being overly concerned about the Epilepsy thing?

Am I being the world's most overprotective Mom?

No comments:

Post a Comment