Friday, September 5, 2008

Julia's Preschool Orientation

Well, she didn't freak like last year which was good! She was quite clingy at first, and, when I was eventually able to put her down she wouldn't go anywhere without me. Still, this is a big improvement from last year at the beginning when I had to pry her off of my leg, screaming crying.

Her classroom looks nice. Her new teacher seems fantastic...very professional, but personable and approachable at the same time.

*UPDATE* After actually dreaming about this last night, silly me was forgetting that this was just her orientation, and she acted just like she did at last year's orientation. It wasn't until she faced actually leaving me that she freaked. So, Monday she is riding the bus and going to her class room all by herself. It will probably be a good thing for her in the long run that I won't be there, but for me? Knowing what she is like and how hard this kind of thing is for her? It might not be so good. It's also making me reconsider the whole bus thing. Maybe I should just put her on it all four days. That way, there won't be any days which I drop her off, making the "no mommy" days even harder. I will be volunteering in her classroom anyway, probably once a week or once every other, so I will still have a first hand account about what's going on (which was the main reason for me driving her any way).

1 comment:

  1. all 4days maybe a good idea! She might be better off and then next year she willbe a pro and will be ready for kindergarten!

    love auny heather

    ReplyDelete