Monday, September 1, 2008

And in the "Holy Crap" Department we have...

...my kids starting school on Wednesday.

Oddly, I am about as "unready" emotionally for this as I could possibly be. I have no idea why really, except, that this summer, more so than others, I have really enjoyed the time I have spent with the kids. Of course, every summer with them has been enjoyable, but, this summer...was somehow more enjoyable than usual, and for no real apparent reason. I can't remember ever feeling this "blah" about it.

We spent the day down by the water today, and that helped to take the edge off a bit. It also helped to increase the dread that winter will be upon us before we know it and trips to the water will be no more. Ugh.





1 comment:

  1. Shaz as we threw around one chat, our Emilys seem to have grown up over the summer. This is Em's 4th day and she still remembers her combinations, still remembers the schedule and says MOM i'll be fine.

    Emily will be just fine. We've all decided here in carver it's the mom's who are having a harder time with it than the kids are. They seem to adjust so much better and quicker than we do.

    ReplyDelete