Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day Of School

*UPDATE* In a nutshell, it went off without a hitch. Emily and I got up way too early (5:45)and she had more than a 1/2 hour to kill before getting on the bus. The downtime is nice though, so we may just keep it that way. The bus came at 7:15. She was funny asking me not to take a picture of her actually getting on the bus (as if I would right...okay, okay I did but it was from a distance on the deck...LOL). Yes, I got a tad teary -eyed watching the bus drive away, in keeping with the "I cry about everything" tradition. She's my baby though...and she's going to middle school, which if you ask me seems impossible seeing how she was just born, like last week or something.

Katherine, who was making a little milestone of her own by switching to the "big school" and going to 3rd grade, did very well. It was totally weird, waiting for the bus with just her, as opposed to her and Em. I am sure it will be even weirder next year when Julia will be in kindergarten and waiting with Katherine to go on the bus (Speaking of crying, next year there could be a new river forming in Middleboro ).

I have to admit, I did like the "staggered" start times. Getting one kid at a time ready and out the door is just easier.









No comments:

Post a Comment