Friday, February 2, 2007

Recipe: Mini Meatloaves

I found this in one of my favorite magazines, Kraft Food and Family. If you like to cook, or have to cook, or even just like looking at what you wish you could cook, I highly reccomend you subscribe. The best part? The magazine is free!

Anyway, the recipe...

1lb extra lean ground beef
1 16 oz pkg of Stovetop Stuffing Mix (I got the Savory Herbs flavor but I am sure any would work)
1 cup of water

Mix with any of the following

Italian Style:
seasoning: 1 tsp italian seasoning
sdd-in: 3/4 c spaghetti sauce
cheese: 3/4 shredded mozarella cheese

Fiesta Style:
seasoning: 2 tsp chili powder
Add-in: 3/4 taco bell home originals Thick N Chunky Salsa
Cheese: 3/4 c shredded mexican style cheese

Mediterranean Style:
seasoning:1 tsp dried oregano leaves
add-in: 3/4 c chopped roasted red peppers
cheese: 3/4 c Athenos Traditional Crumbled Feta Cheese

BBQ Style
seasoning: 1 tsp garlic powder
add-in: 3/4 Kraft Barbecue Sauce
cheese: 3/4 c shredded cheddar cheese

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Mix meat, stuffing and water and the seasoning until well blended. Press evenly in to medium muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray; make an indentation in the center fo each with the back of a spoon.

2. Spoon add ins in to indentations.

3. Bake 30 minutes or until cooked through. Top with cheese, bake for 5 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes.


I bought the ingredients to make the italian style. Depending on what my plans are with my sister, I might make them for dinner tonight but if not, on Sunday.

They sound yummy though, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment