Friday, December 9, 2005

Snow and Snow Boots

It's snowing out...like alot! I guess it may change to rain at some point, but when all is said and done, we will have about 3-6 inches on the ground. The kids had school, as the snow didn't start til about 6-7 and the decision whether or not to cancel is made earlier. Route 28 is starting to look bad now though. You know that it must be slippery when people actually slow down to pass.

My shopping trip was successful last night. I crossed 4 people off of the list so that was good.


Aside from Christmas shopping, I was trying to get snowboots for Julia (last year her snowsuit was more like a sleeper, with the covering over her feet to keep her warm). This year though, my mother bought her a regular pants/coat snowsuit so she needed boots. I don't think they make those sleeper type ones for kids over say 12 months because, well, most kids are walking around that time. Anyway, I went to find her boots. Apparently, she has tiny feet for her age because they don't make snow boots in any size smaller than 5. She is a size 3-4. I searched high and low...went to Target, Sears, Walmart, Kids Footlocker, Famous Footwear...no one carries boots in her size. So, having basically no choice, I got her a size 5. She has to wear something on her feet when she goes out to play in the snow with her sisters.

I recorded 3 hours of tv last night while I was out so while Julia is napping, I will be watching that. Other than that, I have a few random things to get done around the house. I think it seems like a good day to stay in jammies though doesn't it?

1 comment:

  1. Yep, it's that kind of day.

    That's interesting to know. I think Sadie is like a size 4, though maybe that's the size of what she'll outgrow any time.

    ReplyDelete