Thursday, December 29, 2005

New Year Tonight

Ryun and I are celebrating the upcoming New Year with the girls tonight. Julia will probably be asleep by the time we get started, but she is too young to understand the whole new year thing anyway.

My parents are taking the kids over night on New Year's Eve and Ryun and I are going to a friends party, which is why we are celebrating tonight, rather then on the actual night.

Anyway, we are going to review the Celebration Book (a scrapbook I made reviewing the important milestones within our family over the past year). Together, we are going to start the 2006 book by posting our resolutions and predictions for our family in the coming year. I also plan on making some sort of a desert (brownies I think) and going over the 2006 calendar to set up family meetings throughout the year. We used to have them all of the time at our old house, but haven't since we moved here. I am going to go over the fire and emergency plans which we have posted on the fridge here but have yet to actually review with the kids. I have a small project for the Emily and Katherine to work on (a New Year's craft type thing) which they will love. I had a couple of other good ideas to include but, as per usual, I came up with this "celebrate the new year tonight" thing, you know, last night. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment