Friday, September 19, 2003

Train

I have written 208 entries since I started posting in this journal almost two years ago. If I am doing the math right, that means I have written an average of about 2 entries per week. Kind of a bad average but better than not writing at all I guess.
The train came through at 11:00 last night...and then again at 12:30. It has never come through at night...the latest has been maybe 1:00 in the afternoon. I damn near had a heart attack. I jumped out of bed, yelled at Ryun to go check and make sure Katie was ok(Em too but Katie is sort of afraid of the train) , and my heart was racing. The train is only about 20 feet from the back of my house...maybe a bit more. I can see it perfectly from my bedroom window. There's a crossing too...because out behind the tracks are bogs so trucks drive through in order to access them.. So, all the bells and whistles, plus just the sound of the train itself...it's a bit loud.
The kids bedrooms upstairs are the full width of the house...back to front so it goes right by their windows as well. Neither of them woke up.
I seriously was beginning to wonder if I had imagined it.
When Ryun came down and said that they were both still asleep, I said to him, "The train did just go by, didn't it?" He looked at me oddly and said, "Umm...yeah, I think so."

No comments:

Post a Comment