Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Scary Story For Today

Earlier this morning, while I was getting Julia ready to head out, I called her in to do her hair. I turned the hairdryer on and held it in one hand, then looked away to grab the brush that was sitting on the edge of the sink with the other hand. In the two seconds it took me to do this, Julia said, "Ooh, I want to see the fire too!" I was wondering what she was talking about so I turned the mouth of the hair dryer up toward my face to look, and saw orange flames shooting around inside. I immediately turned it off and unplugged it, but not before the smoke detector that sits right outside the bathroom starting beeping from the intense heat.

Needless to say, I need a new hairdryer. Also, Julia and I are having bad hair days, which might be scarier than the thing catching fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment