Friday, October 24, 2008

Cranberry Walnut Muffins

I made those last night with all three kids helping. Julia told Ryun her official job was the "dumper." That was the easiest part for her...letting her "dump" the pre-poured ingredients in to the bowl for mixing. Emily and Katherine helped with that too, and helped with the getting everything set up to bake (measuring cups, ingredients mixer, bowls etc). All three girls lined the cupcake pans with baking cups. Emily and I enjoyed them for breakfast this morning. They were delicious. Katherine doesn't like walnuts so she opted out, and Julia tried a bite and said, "Mom, I can't eat this because it has thingies in it." I assume the thingies were the walnuts, which she liked when I gave her a few while we were making the muffins. She seems to still have some level of difficulty with foods that contain "mixed textures." I am going to try and make a batch without walnuts so they can enjoy some too.

I need to look up my "cranberry Chicken" recipe so I can make that for dinner either tonight or Sunday. Even Ryun, who doesn't like cranberries likes that.

No comments:

Post a Comment