Monday, December 3, 2007

Weekend Absence Explained

I hate when I have actual days between posts. Life just gets in the way sometimes.

Friday I was busy decorating the house. Friday night we decorated the tree as a family, while watching The Polar Express. We also completed the night with hot chocolate and egg nog (not together in the same cup). Julia was rightfully amazed by the tree and the lights and said the cutest thing while the tree was in the assembly stages; "We're making a tree right over there!" She has been unbelievably awesome about not touching the ornaments, or the various decorations that I daringly decided to set on the coffee and end tables. I have never been able to put things out like that. Emily and Katherine would never have allowed it...they just weren't the "do not touch" type of kids. I love, love, love having an easy toddler.

Saturday was the craft fair I had mentioned previously. It was fun, but other than that, not worth the time or effort...at least for me sales wise. I didn't sell a single thing, but, on the flip side, I handed out a few catalogs and business cards. Exposure is a good thing and maybe something will come of it. I am starting to get really frustrated with the whole thing to be honest, but, I am not ready to call it quits yet.

Katherine had a Girl Scout event yesterday so I did a little Christmas shopping after I dropped her off. I still have more to do, but progress is progress, right?

Last night the girls and I watched the Radio City Rockettes Christmas Spectacular which I recorded Saturday night. I have seen it "live" at Radio City back when Emily was just a wee little thing, and my parents took Emily and Katherine to Boston to see it last year. We enjoyed watching it last night, and Julia seemed to LOVE the dancing, costumes and music.

Anyway, that explains my absence over the weekend. I have plans to make out Christmas cards today, as well as get the house ready for "the boys" who will be making their way over tonight for poker. The house is fairly organized and clean (because I also did that on Friday while decorating) so it shouldn't be that hard to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment