Monday, December 3, 2007

Why I Am Impressed With Emily's Teacher

She seems to be a wonderful teacher in all ways, academic and otherwise, but why am I really impressed?

She is reading the children a book called, "The Christmas Box" Not only is this one of my favorite books of all time, which is enough to impress me in and of itself, but it's a book about Christmas (and much more).

I am also really impressed because every day, the class sings a song. What song is it? "God Bless America."

It might not strike you at first. Why am I impressed? Because her teacher is actually celebrating Christmas, rather than having some sort of generic, "Holiday Celebration" and, she is singing a song, in school, with the word, "God" in it.

Politically correct is one thing, but taking the "fun" and tradition out of everything for the sake of those who may be offended? Well that's just wrong, and I am happy that her teacher seems to appreciate that fact.

1 comment:

  1. AMEN TO THAT.

    when i found out Meg's teacher had a CHRISTMAS tree, i almost cried.

    THANK GOD some still have the Christmas spirit.

    I'll have to check out that book.

    Another good one is Santa's favorite story. Santa is telling about what the REAL meaning of Christmas is.

    ReplyDelete