Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Comcast

This is such a long story so please pardon the short and abrupt tone this post may carry, but, you'd be here reading it all day long if I told you every detail in dramatic fashion. Here goes.

Way back in the beginning of November, we were solicited by Comcast asking us if we would like to sign up for their new digital voice home phone service. We would pay $99 per month for the first year for our phone, cable and Internet, not including the price of the box we had, or the modem rental fee and that we would get free HBO for a year. We already had the tv and Internet through them, so we figured why not? It would save us the $50 we paid Verizon every month for the phone, at least for a year during the special Comcast was offering. I made the appointment, and confirmed with Comcast rep that I would not need to call Verizon to switch the phone service. She said that Comcast would "take care of everything." So, the appointment was all set for November 23rd. The tech came out and couldn't complete the install telling me that there was a "CDV" fail and that I needed to call Verizon and tell them that they had to release my number to Comcast (and that maybe I had a block on my Verizon service that wouldn't allow other companies to come in and change the service). This was annoying, but not a big deal and whatever, mistakes happen, right? So I called Verizon and that rep told me that there was no reason Comcast couldn't come out and take the number. I called Comcast back and told the rep this and she rescheduled the appointment for 4 days out, and this time, transferred me out to a "third party" authorization thing, in which I had to confirm that yes I was able to make the change on the account, yes, I wanted to have Comcast as my phone service, and yes, if need be I would sign over my first born...blah blah blah. I thought because I hadn't done this third party thing before, that when they came out again we would be set. They came out again, and guess what? We had another "CDV" fail. So now, calm little me is starting to get slightly annoyed. I call Comcast again and explain the situation to the rep on the phone (from start to finish) and she says to me, "But wait, we have your phone service listed as being installed and working yesterday." So, now I am getting pissed. I tell her that I am staring at a phone cord dangling from the new modem he left, not plugged in anywhere and that I also have in my hand the work order that says right on it, "CDV Fail." She puts me on hold...for TWENTY freaking minutes, without checking in once just to say that she was trying to figure it out or whatever. She finally gets back on the line and says she will fix the problem, and oh by the way, did I want to schedule a new appointment for them to come out again? "No fucking thank you" is what I thought but what I said was that I would rather spend the $50 extra a month with Verizon than have to deal with the aggravation of dealing with Comcast." So I called Verizon back and asked them about the FiOS service and what the pricing would be for all three services with them what channels it came with, how fast the Internet etc. The price was less, we got more, and the customer service rep explained every last detail from the costs, to the channels, to the speed and everything in between. He even told me I would get a free, flat screen, 19 inch high def tv and a free wireless router just for signing up. So I did. He advised me not to cancel my Comcast services until the Verizon tech was here and all was said and done with my new install because Comcast had been known to shit customers off before the date requested and then I would have nothing. That was horrifying to say the least. Anyway, I did call Comcast back, just to verify that the phone codes were taken off of my account and backdated to the first day they were ever on there. I listened to the balance first and...it was $244! OK? I was ready to jump through the damn phone and kill somebody. When I got a rep on the line, I had to RE-EXPLAIN the entire situation from way back to the beginning of November because there were NO NOTES OR INDICATIONS OF ANY ISSUES on my account at all. I asked to speak with a supervisor who assured me that the codes would be removed and backdated and all would be right with the world again. When I called again yesterday to cancel my service, it appeared from listening to the balance that all was back to normal. When the rep I got asked why I wanted to cancel, I straight out said that I was "very disappointed and upset by" the customer service or lack thereof that I had gotten from Comcast. She said, "Really?" I was like, "Yes, really."

So that's the story and that is why, Comcast SUCKS.

1 comment:

  1. WOW shaz. luckily we were one of the "adelphia" switch overs so they bent over backwards for us. Sounds like adelphia they were worthless.

    ReplyDelete