Monday, March 4, 2002

Your not the person I thought you were

So, tomorrow I register Emily for Kindergarten. Can you believe that? And yes people, I am getting all wishy washy over it. She is MY baby afterall. She is very excited about registering...that is one step closer to her riding the school bus. She has been looking forward to that for quite some time. Oh, and not to brag but she had her preschool evaluation and guess what? She got the highest score possible in all areas! She is just like her father...brilliant. Not that I think I am not smart, I am. It is just that I have absolutely zero short term memory and that hinders me in some respects. And, I am not going to apologize for bragging about her...I am just a proud mama.
Since I am on a "proud mama" thing, let me tell you about Katie. She singing and talking up a storm and I am loving it. Today she was singing the Monkeys on the Bed song and she was so darn cute. She pointed her finger, put on a mad face and said sternly, "NO MORE MONKEYS JUMPING ON THE BED!" Then I was spinning her around in my arms and she was laughing and saying, "Do it again." God, I just love her laugh. Its infectious, it really is.
Oh and one more thing about my Emily. This morning she woke up at 5:30am...way too early. Anyway, I told her she could come lie with me in bed if she wanted to which, she did. She asked if she could bring her Leap Pad in and play with it and I said no and, that if she wanted to play with it she could do so in her room until it was time to get up (the Leap Pad is loud and I had every intention of sleeping). You know what she said( keeping in mind that she is four)? She said and I quote, "Your not the person I thought were. I want a new mama." Your not the person I thought you were. Can you believe that?!?! She just cracks me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment