Friday, December 7, 2001

Edaville


Last night Ryun and I (along with Mimi and Papa), took the girls to Edaville. I have been a couple of times since it reopened and each year it seems to get better and better. Last night was an excellent night to go...it was so warm. Usually, as my father (AKA Papa) pointed out, we pick one of the coldest days of the year to go. It was even warm enough to sit outside on the train. Emily was especially thrilled with that. Edaville is a great place to go if you have small children, even when the Christmas Festival is not going on. They have many "kiddie" rides and a very pretty carousel. While my father waited in line for the train, Ryun took Emily on the carousel and the flying elephants while Mimi and I took Katie on a kid size caterpillar ride. Want to hear something sad? I actually had a weak stomach after getting off the ride. I am not one for those amusement park rides that constantly go up and down or swing swiftly side to side (not because of fear but because of nausea) but I thought on this little, tiny kids ride I would be ok. Well, I was wrong and needless to say, I won't "brave" that ride again! Anyway, it was a great night. The girls were excited and it was nice to spend some time together with my parents. The lights were beautiful...much better than in previous years. Santa was there and we actually got a great shot of Ryun, the girls and I sitting with him. Emily told him that she had been a good girl so she wanted a new dolly for Christmas. Katie kept saying "hi" and "ho ho ho" to him. It was so cute. Despite being up well past their bed times, the girls were in great moods and it was a good night all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment