Thursday, November 29, 2001

Blah Blah Blah


As you may have noticed, it has been a while since my last entry. The past week or so has been kind of busy with Thanksgiving, Katie's birthday and various other things. I also haven't really had much to write about...or nothing that seemed overly interesting to me. So this is going to be kind of random...not really focussing on one topic.
Thanksgiving went well. We had dinner at my grandmothers which was something we had not done in years. Being there brought back many childhood memories of times when my great grandfather was alive. I remember that he used to sit at the head of the table, with my immediate family to his right and my Aunt and Uncles to his left. I also remember Ma, my grandmother on my fathers side sitting at the opposite end of the table next to Nana. It was funny how we all sat in the same seats from year to year.
Suzanne and John joined us for desert and we opened Katie's birthday presents. Actually, for the most part, she opened them herself, with a little help from her big sister Emily. She got a beautiful new snowsuit from Mimi and Papa, a musical tea set and blocks from Mama and Daddy, a movie from Aunty Heather, and two adorable outfits from Uncle John and Aunty Suzanne.
On Sunday, Katie's real birthday we had Ryun's family come over. Ryun made the cake and it was very good. It was a great afternoon and Emily and Katie enjoyed playing with their cousins, Megan and Joshua.
We officially bought the Taurus wagon from my parents. The Topaz had some kind of problem with the alternator and the inspection sticker was only good for a few more weeks anyway. I love having a four door car again!!
Tonight at dinner Emily finished her entire meal...an almost unheard of feat. Of course tonight was one of the few nights that I did not have any kind of desert to give her (the deal is if you finish dinner you can have desert). Well anyway, I had to go food shopping(which I did after the girls went to bed). After I told Emily that there really was nothing "deserty" to have she said and I quote, "I know Mama! My desert can be a kiss on the cheek from you Daddy!" I don't know of any kid in the world (or adult for that matter!) that would consider a kiss on the cheek to be equal with say, a chocolate chip cookie! I just gave her the biggest hug in the world (along with a kiss on the cheek) and told her that she was priceless. The things that come out of her mouth...lets just say she never ceases to amaze me!

No comments:

Post a Comment