Sunday, December 30, 2001

I Love You, You're Perfect , Now Change


Last night, I went out to dinner with my sisters, Heather and Suzanne, and our friends, Leah and Moe. We had originally planned on going to see the new Jim Carrey movie, "The Majestic" but the line at the theater was similar in length to one you would find at Disney during the busiest time of the year. The is really not an exaggeration. Anyway, we opted to go to Joe's American Bar and Grill instead.
Before our dinner arrived, we got into a somewhat philosophical discussion about personality traits, sun signs and various things of the sort. The conversation finally came down to this question; "What is the one thing you would like to change about yourself?" My answer? I would like to be more organized.
I am the most laid back, easy going person...so spur of the moment, so forgiving, so trusting. These qualities are all good...in moderation. I need to have a little more order, a little more structure.
Ryun and I are basically at opposite ends of the pole. He is overly organized, has a plan for everything, and finishes whatever he starts. He is so organized it sometimes borders on being obsessive/compulsive disorder. These traits, like mine are all good in moderation.
Isn't there a way that we could meld together and meet somewhere in the middle, where we could get the best of both worlds?
Some people would say, "Why don't you just change?" As if it was that easy! This is how I have been my entire life! It would be a lot easier to change if the problem itself wasn't lack of discipline!
"When you can no longer change a situation, you are challenged to change yourself."

No comments:

Post a Comment