Friday, February 12, 2010

Ongoing Project

I recently decided that I wanted a hard copy of every blog entry I have ever written. I have had two incarnations of this blog on other sites, plus various other topical blogs which I have had over the years. My introduction to blogging was in 2002, back when Katherine was just three years old and Emily was five. Most entries have been personal in nature. I have really gotten so much out of using this medium to share with the world my thoughts. There has always been this fear however, that all of this time and effort (and the story of my life for the past 8 years) would be lost, should there be some major crash of the world wide web. I know it's a silly kind of fear but one never knows. I have copied and pasted every entry from my first blog, and am halfway through the second. I haven't yet touched this blog, or any of the other topical type blogs mentioned. The document is 238 pages long. I have written a book length story of my life so far, and have more to go.

Something about this amazes me. I am looking forward to one day passing this story (in hard copy form) on through the generations of my family. What a treasure it will truly be.

2 comments:

  1. That is a great idea! Much easier than copying, pasting and printing. Thanks for sharing! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good idea; a chronicle of thoughts, ideas, frustrations, accomplishments, etc .. and all the remarks and opinions of your family.
    However, I seem to read more about your family, than Ryun's. ????

    ReplyDelete