Thursday, February 11, 2010

Nomination

I recently nominated my mother for free spa services for a contest a local spa is having. If anyone deserves to be pampered, it's my mom. Below is the paragraph I sent:

My mother is not only a fantastic mother, but in my Nana’s last days she proved what a wonderful daughter she is as well. When Nana was diagnosed with esophageal cancer in October, my mother, without hesitation, invited Nana to live with her and my father while undergoing treatment. She took my Nana to countless appointments, made many phone calls, and arranged for her every need while she was living with her. She went above and beyond the call of duty as well; giving Nana massages, pedicures, and facials. When Nana had to go to the hospital, and eventually a rehabilitation center, my mother visited her daily. She made sure Nana had everything she needed physically (bringing her things from home) and emotionally (providing support and a presence, even at the end when Nana’s communication was limited). When it became clear that Nana was not going to make it, my mother went to the rehabilitation center and stayed with her for almost a week; barely leaving her bedside until her last breath. I am in awe of my mother and her loving dedication she has shown to my family, my sisters, my father and in her last days, my Nana.

No comments:

Post a Comment