Thursday, October 15, 2009

So...

...I was going to sort through winter clothes today; washing what will still fit the girls and bagging up for donation the rest. Then, I thought, "Hmmm, Emily would love to help me with this massive undertaking (three kids=a lot of clothes). Maybe we can work on it when she gets home from school. Wouldn't it be a great mother-daughter bonding experience?" Yes, clearly I am looking for any excuse to get out of doing it right now, though I do think Emily would really enjoy helping (imagine that...a tween actually enjoying helping her mother with a chore). The boxes have been down from the attic for weeks now, just waiting to be sorted through and Emily has asked a number of times when I would be going through them.

Speaking of Emily, tonight is parent teacher conferences. Of course I am going to go but basically? Every parent teacher conference I have ever had for Emily has gone like this: "She is so bright, she is doing well, and she participates in class but she really needs to get organized. She doesn't always have what she needs and sometimes can't find things." I doubt these will be any different. So tonight, even though I have all of three minutes to chat with each teacher, I am going to see if they have any suggestions for her and I to take in to consideration. It might require a separate meeting to discuss at length, which is fine. I just don't have any more ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment