Sunday, November 16, 2008

Yesterday

It's nice to be up and at em first thing in the morning for a change. I actually managed to get close to nine hours of straight sleep which is practically unheard of around these parts (well, except for Ryun who could sleep through a bomb detonating right on his nightstand). My father took the kids over night last night, after taking us all out to dinner at the Outback. By all of us, I mean my family, my sisters, and my nephew Jack, whose birthday we were at yesterday afternoon. It was at Chunky's which is a table service movie theater, where you actually sit in limousine bucket seats that recline and are on wheels. The tables seat about eight and you order from a menu of pub style foods. It was very cool. I was pleasantly surprised with how well Julia did. This kind of situation (you know with people, noise, darkness etc) generally isn't something she handles well. For a few minutes in the beginning she kept saying it was too dark and too scary but she settle in with Ryun and was basically fine for the rest of the time. She wouldn't sit with the rest of the kids who were congregated in the middle of all of us, but, baby steps, you know?

Anyway, we are heading over to have dinner with my father and the kids later. Ryun is going to help my father with putting new kitchen light fixtures in which are recessed and have to be done by going through the attic, to which my father said, "I am too old to crawl around there now (hence Ryun's involvement)." We are going over earlier to do that, and then just hang around until dinner time.

No comments:

Post a Comment