Saturday, June 1, 2002

Happy Birthday Emily!

June 1, 1997...the day I had the privilege, the honor of meeting my beautiful daughter for the first time.
There are simply no words to describe the first time a mother holds her newborn child in her arms, no words at all. I remember looking down at her in awe and disbelief saying to Ryun, "We made her, she is our daughter." The miracle of childbirth is just that...a miracle.
It is impossible to understand the love of a parent until you become one. It is limitless. There are no boundaries. It truly is unconditional. I remember being pregnant with Katherine and thinking that there was just no way I could love another like I love my Emily. Obviously, I did and do, it just seemed impossible. Having Emily actually taught me to love her in a completely different way. I loved her for being her, I loved Katie for being Katie, and I loved them both for what they would mean to each other.
Emily is put simply, the best kind of child any parent could ever want or hope for. She is caring, considerate, sweet, and smart. She has this way about her, a certain charm that just melts my heart on a daily basis.
I am thankful for everyday I get to share with Emily. She brings joy to every aspect of our lives. She is a wonderful daughter, sister, and friend.
I don't know what I did to deserve to be blessed with the two most precious children in the world, but I sure am glad I am. They enrich me, they complete me, they are my two most beautiful baby girls.
Happy Birthday to my Emily Terese.
"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."

No comments:

Post a Comment