Monday, May 20, 2002

I dont wanna grow up

Emily graduates from preschool on May 31. She is going to kindergarten next year. She has learned how to tie her own shoes. She is riding without training wheels, and she has moved from the "little kid" wall at Kid's Footlocker to the "big kid" wall.
As kids grow, they go through different stages of development, physically and emotionally. Usually, it's a gradual thing...first they roll over, a couple of months later they sit up, then a couple of months later they crawl. You get the point...it is spread out over the course of time. It makes it easier if you will to adjust to your "baby" growing up. It's a gradual thing like I said. This whole preschool to kindergarten thing is so not. What the hell? I mean how fair is that? Poor mommies around the world have all of these "life changes" in their children to accept all at once. Not to mention what the kids themselves go through. I am fortunate because Emily is the most enthusiastic and adaptable child I know. She is having an easy time with all of this thankfully. Not that I am completely freaking or whatever but I am just a bit crazy about it all. Which you may have noticed since I talk about it so frequently. But anyway, I just can't help it. I am happy and proud of her and I know that she has what it takes to succeed, but it is just hard to realize how quickly time passes...and how old I am getting! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment