Wednesday, November 7, 2001

Randomness

Randomness
It has been awhile since I have written, mostly because I have been trying to figure out this whole HTML thing. As you will notice, I have changed the appearance of my journal and even added a few of my favorite links down at the bottom of the page. Doug, the person who gave me this whole journal idea in the first place, also showed my how to sort of "cheat" with the HTML. While his method was very helpful, I still found it frustrating trying to figure out what to cut and what not to. In any event, I finally got it looking halfway decent and now I can write again.
Halloween went well. Emily had a party and parade at preschool which was really cute. While there, we found out that Emily was in the same class as her 4th cousin. I had no idea until I saw my fathers 1st cousins walk in and sit across from us. Small world...
Halloween itself was fun. The girls looked adorable in their princess costumes and had a lot of fun running around the neighborhood trick or treating. After we were done, we went to a friends house for a Halloween party for the kids. A good time was had by kids and adults alike. Emily decorated a cookie with frosting that of course, had more frosting than cookie! She is the typical frosting lover who scrapes the frosting of and eats hardly any of whatever is underneath. Oh well...she had fun doing it (and eating it!) and that is all that matters.
In other news, the Topaz did not pass inspection. Not a big surprise, but frustrating just the same. There were many problems, too expensive to fix given all of the other money we have put into that car so, we have decided to buy my parents Ford Taurus wagon. It is a good car, in good condition and will be great for family trips given its size. I will be driving that and Ryun will be driving the Lincoln. It will be nice to again be driving a car with four doors...so much easier to get the kids in and out!
For the next 6 weeks or so, Ryun will be working the night shift at the Christian Science Center in Boston. I guess there is an elevator they want done there stat, so his company, Advanced Elevator has decided to set up two shifts. It will be nice to have him home during the day with the kids and I. Emily is very excited that Daddy will be able to bring her to preschool and dancing lessons, as well as meet her teachers. We are also hoping to get a lot of different things done around here, some of which Ryun has already started. Motivation is little more present during the day before work than at night after a long day and a sometimes crappy commute.
Well, thats all for now. I will be updating this site as frequently as time allows, so be sure to check back often!

No comments:

Post a Comment