Tuesday, July 29, 2003

Highlights of the Vaca

I have decided that rather than give you a blow by blow entry regarding the camping trip, I would just do the highlights. We were gone for eight days afterall, and we did a lot. Because I am lazy, and am somewhat of a list freak, I am doing this in list form. Not in any particular order.
Highlight # 1: Technically more of a "lowlight" if you will but worth mentioning, if not just to vent. When we arrived Saturday, Suzanne and I left the "manly men" to set up camp and we took the kids food shopping. Emily proceeded to throw up in aisle twelve of Shaws. Very random...she had been fine all week. Anyway, we cleaned her up and left(thankfully we were basically done shopping. When we got back, the boys had set up the two tents and were in the process of starting a camfire. I was back at the van unloading bags, when my sister Suzanne(arms full of groceries) came running back saying that Em was getting sick again. S,o I dropped what I had in my hands back in the car and ran back to her. When I got there, my poor little baby was there, all by herself, puking into the woods. Where were Ryun and John? Tending the campfire. I was pissed. I yelled, "She's over here hacking up a lung and you guys are worried about the fire? How about rubbing her back or holding her hair out of her face?" Maybe I was a bitch but that's my baby and she was hurting. Little love would have been nice. Jeez.
Highlight # 2: John's cooking... Ribs, steak kabobs...yummy. Seriously he should be a chef.
Highlight # 3: Listening to thunderstorms and pounding rain bounce of the mountains from the shelter of a tent. Yeah, it rained almost every night and into the morning which was a pain, but it sure sounded cool.
Highlight # 4: Katie and the rollecoaster/flume rides. Conversations went like this: Katie sees the rollercoaster/flume and says, "Wow that looks fun." Katie comes off of the rollercoaster/flume crying. Mommy says, "Katie did you like the rollercoaster/flume?" Katie enthusiastically responds, "YEAH!" Mommy says, Do you want to go on again?" Katie yells, "NO!" Silly girl.
Highlight # 5: The Canon Mountain Aerial Tramway. The best thing we did. It was awesome. An 80 passenger tram type thing takes you via cables to the top of the mountain. Incredible views and a great 20 minute hike around the summit.
Highlight # 6: Visiting with Ryun's grandparents. I love them...they are just the best. They live in Vermont and recently moved to a new house. The view from there house is magnificent.
Highlight # 7: Polly's Pancake Parlor: Read my last entry. It says it all.
Highlight # 8: Ryun's creativity...managed to set up the tarp in such a way that the tent did not get wet...at all. And it rained almost every night.
Highlight # 9: John and Ryun the pyromaniacs lighting the picnic table on fire. Yes, they really did do that.
Highlight # 10: Clark's Trading Post: fun, fun, fun. The bear show rocks and the circus was amazing.
And finally...# 11: The scenery...amazing, beautiful, indescribable. Pictures don't even begin to do it justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment