Wednesday, April 17, 2002

again...a random array of thoughts

It was 90 degrees here today...HELLO! It's only April! I took the girls outside and filled their pool. They spent two hours in it splashing and playing. Mostly splashing of course.
Today when Emily woke up she looked out her window and said, "Mama, what's tnat smell?" I went over and put my nose to the window. Guess what the smell was? Just that "warm weather, summer" type of smell. And she noticed it. She really is just amazing.
Katie said a new sentence today. We were outside and there was a crow making a hell of a racket in a the big willow tree in our backyard. She said, "It's a birdie." Right after she said that, it flew out of the tree and she said (her new sentence), "I knew it!" She says something new everyday now...I sometimes lose track. It's great though, I love hearing her voice.
We went over to my parents house for dinner tonight and I cooked on the grill for everyone. I had to go to all 5 stores in the town of Carver to find rolls for the burgers and dogs. As it turned out, we could only find hamburger rolls. Guess everyone had the same "It's too hot to cook in the house" idea that I had. Oh well. The kids never want to eat the rolls anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment