Monday, February 4, 2002

Freaking Adelphia


Yay Patriots! As a life long (all 26 years!) New Englander and lover of the sport of football I am so happy that the Pats won! I watched the game at work and it was fun...a total blow of night...ate food, watched the game and basically screwed around all night. It was a good time...and I got paid for it!
Ok, now down to business. Ryun disconnected my piece of shit computer and connected my father's old one. This was supposed to make me happy but guess what? It didn't. For some reason, my computer can not find an IP address. I called Adelphia Powerlink Tech Support and they have insisted that it is my computer and that they can not help me. What a fucking surprise ...Powerlink not taking any responsibility and not offering to help. Sorry, I know I work for the company but what the hell? Can't they ever do anything right? I know it is not the computer itself...it has something to do with the settings which if they would tell me what they were, I would change them. I will be calling tomorrow to rip them a new one demand that they tell me the proper settings. Anyway, my point in sharing this (aside from just to vent) was that until this is fixed I will not have internet access. Sadly, this means no email and no updates for a day or two.
The reason I did not get this resolved today was because I was interrupted by a loud crash and a wailing two year old. The little devil climbed right out of her crib and had a face to face meeting with the hardwood floor. Ouch. She got a slightly bloody nose and a big bump on her chin. So, guess what Mommy did (after I consoled her of course)? Went out a bought her a new bed. A bed...and yes, I did get a bit teary eyed. She's growing up too fast. Can't we just stop time for a little while? I love watching her and her sister grow, learn and explore but its just that they are doing it too fast.
I called Ryun to see how she did with the bed. He said she only got out once. When she did fall asleep she had thrown the blanket and pillow off and just slept on the sheet with her "night-night" (the blanket she brings to bed every night). She must look so small...
Emily stayed up with Daddy to watch the game tonight. How cute. She said she wanted Dad to teach her all about football. He did and she will remember every thing he said. She's good like that.
Ok, so sorry that this last entry for a day or two is not exactly the deepest most exciting thing you will ever read but you got to hear about my kids...and that is more excitement than most people can handle!

No comments:

Post a Comment