Thursday, February 14, 2002

Valentine's Day, 2002

Ok, so I lied. I just couldn't let Valentine's Day go by without telling my family and friends in a very public way how much they mean to me. So, if you are reading this, you are about to get "smothered" in love, which, from my perspective isn't a bad thing at all. If you are reading this and I hardly know you, in a sense I love you too...you are reading my journal and that just tickles me pink. No sarcasm there, I am serious.
So, I was feeling inspired and wrote a poem. I do that from time to time...get inspired that is. It doesn't always result in poem writing or any form of writing at all actually. For example, I recently was inspired by some unknown force to organize all of my pictures...a mammoth undertaking for someone as camera happy as me. Once in a while, I am even inspired to do something really good...like for a whole week not drink coke. I am a coke addict...the BEVERAGE people...just in case there was any confusion. Giving it up even for a day is a HUGE feat for me, more of an undertaking than even the pictures. But anyway, the poem. I wrote it pretty quickly...sometimes it takes a long time for the words to come, but like I said, I was feeling inspired. So here you go...a 100% authentic Sharon original.
To my family and friends, on Valentine's Day, your love and support mean more than I can say.
Your friendship grows with each passing year, the memories we've made I will always hold dear.
For all of you I wish only the best, love happiness and great success.
Know that I am here, no matter what comes your way, I love you all and Happy Valentine's Day.
I should write for Hallmark don't you think?!?!
In all seriousness, there is nothing more important to me than my family and friends. Each and every one of you have been and continue to be an important and cherished part of my life. So, on Valentines Day, 2002 I thought I should let you know. As times change, and we each go through our own individual lives, it brings me great comfort to know that, no matter what I have family and friends that I can always fall back on. I love you and feel honored to have you in my life.
To end this on a somewhat "silly" note I am going to leave you with the theme song from "The Golden Girls", one of my favorite classic tv shows.
Thank you for being a friend
Traveled down the road and back again
Your heart is true your a pal and a confidant.
And if you through a party
Invited everyone you ever knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say thank you for being a friend. God,, I just love that song!

No comments:

Post a Comment