Thursday, January 17, 2002

Ouch

It's been a rough couple of days...literally. Yesterday I was on my way downstairs and when I was about halfway down, my slipper came off of my foot. I lost my footing and fell (actually slid) on my butt and back down five or six hardwood stairs. Ouch. I was holding Katie in front of me at the time but because I slid and didn't fall head over heels, she was fine. Later on that afternoon I was transferring laundry and wacked my left hand on the dryer, hard. Today, I haven't incurred any new injuries but as a result of yesterdays accidents, I feel like I have been hit by a truck, and parts of me even look like I have been hit by a truck. My left arm and wrist(which are already painful due to severe carpel tunnel) have nice pattern of bruises as a result of the fall and the laundry incident. My right arm is about the same (though not quite as bad) and the small of my back has a bruise so bad it looks black. Pretty much every bone from my waist up is aching. I spent a good part of the day doing nothing because it hurt too much to move.
On a lighter note and a much happier one we have had some potty training success! We made such a big deal out of the fact that she went potty on the toilet that Katie was even saying, "Yeah bathroom."
A co-worker of mine just called and told me that they have installed mirrors in the hallways at work and have been moving peoples desks around. ARGHH. I am happy with where mine is and I hate moving things around. The mirrors are kind of weird too. I am sure it is so they can keep tabs on where everyone is and what they are doing. All I have to say is thank god I work on weekends when I don't have to worry about such silliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment