Sunday, January 13, 2002

Let It Snow

It is snowing outside today and it looks beautiful. I live about three blocks away from the waterfront and I can see the ocean from my house. Something about the white snow and the blue water just looks beautiful, even prettier when the sun is shining. I love the look of freshly fallen snow. Early in the morning is the best, before it has been plowed or walked on. The world just looks so peaceful and serene. I used to get mad at my father when I was little because he would get up early in the morning and walk down the front yard before I had a chance to take in the beauty.
One of the best things about snow is watching all of the children play. Emily and Katie are so excited that it is snowing. They both got sleds and new snow boots for Christmas that they have been anxious to use. I hope that there is enough snow for them to sled in but I think the weather person said only a couple of inches. Of course, they could be wrong. I know...such a shock...the weather reporter actually wrong? Never happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment