Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Photography...

...is one of my favorite hobbies; it may in fact be my favorite. Landscape and scenic photography particularly interest me and I am constantly seeking out new and beautiful places to photograph. It so happens that every scenic picture I have ever taken has been in New England.

This is why when Ryun suggested that we just do our annual beach vacation to Chapin (Dennis, MA) and not our usual camping in the White Mountains of NH trip (which would have been in addition to the beach), I literally felt like part of my soul was being ripped from my body. The beach vacation provides just as much beauty and at least as many opportunities to take pictures but there is something about the mountains that speaks to me on a different level. It doesn't have to be the White Mountains either. Another one of my favorite places is in Stowe, VT at the Trapp Family Lodge.

I understood his reasoning of course, with his job situation being so shaky. The beach vacation has been planned for a while but it hardly makes sense to plan another vacation with things as they are right now.

Then, another thought occurred. What if I went by myself, for a long weekend over the summer? It would certainly save a ton of money. I could stay somewhere extremely inexpensive and small. I wouldn't have to spend a lot of money on food either and could in fact pack some of my own. I can see it. Really I can...just me, my camera, and the great outdoors. No time frame, no working around schedules, no need to worry about anything other than my camera and myself. I could pay for it with the money I earn from my job which at this point doesn't contribute to the family finances (it basically just takes care of the extras). This is something I have talked about with my counselor before and she thought me time, completely free of all obligations etc. would be a wonderful thing. I just may look in to this.

In the meantime, feel free to check out some of the pictures I have taken all over New England, and many from both Chapin Beach and the White Mountains Region of NH.

Click here to go to the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment