Friday, April 6, 2007

Why Are We In Trouble?

Oh, because we have a daughter who sounds like a teenager, is too smart for her own good, and is funny while she's doing it to boot.

Let me give you a couple of examples.

The other day, Emily was FLIPPING OUT about having her hair done. Granted, it was pretty snarly but the girl was screaming like I had just ripped all of the hair out of her head. So I said to her, "Emily, stop screaming. I know it hurts but c'mon, don't you think you are overreacting a bit?" She said, "No, it hurts." I told her I knew it hurt, but that maybe she should find another way to channel her anger over the whole thing, rather than screaming bloody murder. What did she say? "Don't you tell me how to channel my anger. You're not a therapist. Only a therapist can do that."

Then, she came home yesterday with a newspaper torn to shreds in her bag. So I asked what happened and she said, "Serina did it on the bus." When I asked why she said, "Well obviously Mom, she has anger management issues."

Do I need to remind y'all that she is only 10 (well, almost anyway)?

T-R-O-U-B-L-E.

No comments:

Post a Comment