Wednesday, April 25, 2007

American Idol

My new choice for who I think should win: Jordin.

For awhile, I was on the Melinda bandwagon, and if this really just was a "singing" competition, she probably still would have my vote. However, despite what Simon says, American Idol is way more than just a singing competition...you need to have the whole package. Melinda can sing, no doubt. She hits every note, performs well on stage, and genuinely seems like a nice person. There is something about her though, that just rubs me the wrong way, and I am not sure if I can put my finger on it. Honestly, and this is going to sound awful, but I don't think she has the "American Idol" look. She doesn't look like a pop star, or a country star or an "any other kind of music" star. She just comes off, to me anyway, as being "too old" for this competition. You know what I can see her doing? Honestly? Even if her voice and talent is way beyond this? Singing in an upscale piano bar, where she just leans on the piano and sings slow love songs all night. I know, she is way beyond that but I just can't see her on stage at a concert with millions of screaming fans.

Jordin on the other hand? That girl has got it all...talent, charm, looks, and that "it" factor. She's got what it takes and more, and at the ripe old age of 17. She seems really down to earth and really seems to sincerely appreciate the opportunity American Idol has given her. She's also beautiful, in an "all American" kind of way, which, sad as it may be, matters. I have always been a fan of hers but, with last week's Broken Wing, and last night's "You'll Never Walk Alone" she has proven that despite her age, or perhaps because of her age, she deserves to win this competition.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a biog Blake fan, myself, but I think at this point Jordin is most likely to win the whole thing.

    And ITA about Melinda. No matter how many times Simon says it's a singing competition, it's more than that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Er, big. My typing is even worse than usual today.

    ReplyDelete