Thursday, September 29, 2016

Dreaming in Real Life

Over the years I have had many strange dreams.  After countless times waking up and wondering what the heck these dreams were all about I finally decided to start paying more attention to them.  I looked for symbols, signs, and focused in on the key aspects of the dream; the things that seemed most significant.  It was not long before I began to realize that my dreams, though seemingly strange and out of place, were very much based in reality.  My dreams are the method by which my inner self, the universe and God communicate with me about my waking life, and whatever may be going on in it at any given moment.

Last night's dream, to the non-observant person, may have just seemed like a random, nonsensical collaboration of inconsequential things.  To me, a now keen observer, this  dream was anything but.  In the dream, I was walking up a flight of stairs that was literally covered in imperfectly round, pellet like animal feces.  I was going up step by step, scooping the feces in to a bag.  After a few steps, I started complaining to Ryun that this was so gross and smelly and how did this get here anyway.  He begrudgingly made his way over to help but I held him off and told him I had to finish. I kept going.    I was almost to the top of the staircase when the dream ended.

I have become very skilled at assessing these dreams without the aid of a dream dictionary.  My immediate interpretation:  The stairs represent me ascending to a higher level of self awareness.  The feces represented the fact that I was going to have to go through and get rid of a lot of "crap' to get there.  The imperfect circle shape of the feces represented the obstacles that were in my way and that I had to work more on my inner self to achieve wholeness and completeness (which would have been represented by a full circle). The fact that I was complaining but refused help showed me that it is up to me to make this journey; that I needed to be a little less dependent on others to get me there and I need to trust myself and be confident in my own abilities.

After making my own assessment, I looked up the meaning of the main symbols in the dream.  I was spot on.  As they always are, this dream was very timely,  The timeliness of these dreams is another reason that I have come to believe in their meanings and how they directly relate to my life.  I have never had a dream that didn't somehow connect to my "real" life in one way or another.  I find it creepy and fascinating at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment